Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Concrete Countertops - Are You Serious

I recently learned of this growing trend towards concrete as an indoor building material. I have to admit to call we skeptical would be putting it lightly. I just could not imagine why anyone would want the skyscraper look for inside their home. I mean to each their own, but I just could not get a mental picture. I recently learned that I was completely wrong.
Designing with concrete today is nothing like one would imagine. What first shocked me was the versatility of concrete. I have a friend who is a mason. He started explaining to me about all the wonderful things you could create our of concrete. I kept blowing him off until he showed me his latest job. He had just installed custom concrete counter tops for a client.
The look on my face must have betrayed my feelings because he insisted that I go and take a look at them. I was quite skeptical still own the ride over. Once we entered the kitchen, I was floored. Not even something like granite could look the way these counter tops did. The concrete had a warmness I definitely was not expecting. It was the warmest kitchen I may have ever been in. The craftsmanship of these counters really stood out. Unlike any other building material concrete has amazing customization. Being that I live at the beach and a favorite Outer Banks pasttime is collecting seaglass on the beach, he suggested that I have him install custom concrete counter tops with a vein of polished seaglass. It sounds like a good idea to me.
My friends at Signature Concrete Creations are always interested in exciting new projects. If you think you may be interested in something unique [http://obxconcrete.com/contact-us/]contact them Or you can visit here for [http://obxconcrete.com/why-choose-concrete-countertops/]custom concrete counter tops. If you love the beach you can find me writing more on the Outer Banks Beach Blog.

No comments: